Friday, July 30, 2010

Cat in Wonderland

The last few weeks I have fallen in the rabbits hole and every minute I feel like the white rabbit.  Time is ticking away quickly leaving no time for me to relax or exercise.  One of my passions on the side of my life as a Karaoke DJ is theatre.  I absolutely love theatre and everything that it brings.  I have always been mezmerized by the costumes and have spent all the years my children celebrated Halloween making them costumes.  I found myself sewing bridesmaid dresses for weddings and eventually it took me to sewing costumes for theatre.
My youngest daughter, Morgan who is presently at the ripe age of 21 has been directing theatre for children programs in our area.  Last year she added a local army base to her list and does a theatre program with the 4H.  Last year she tackled "Beauty and the Beast."  Since we both share the passion, she knows she can look to me to do the costuming.  So 109 pieces later I made all the costumes for the summer theatre program for the 4H club at the army base.  It was the first year they tried the program and was such a great success that they asked my daughter to stay on board the base all year long and once again to the summer theatre program.  I found myself reaching for anything to eat during that trying time.  I didn't want to fall back in those bad habits with this years production.



So "Alice in Wonderland" was picked this year, and once again I am doing 100% of the costumes for the show. Added to the equation this year was at least twice the amount of children.  Let's just say I have my work cut out for me.  I am done with  my crazy pschedelic Caterpillar costume and absolutely love my Mad Hatter hat.  I have made the Do-Do bird, Cheshire Cat and Tweedle Dee & Dum costumes.  Last weekend I made 29 cards made up of clubs, spades, diamonds and hearts.  I am only half done and only have 2 weeks left to complete the costumes.  I find it hard to say no to the challenge so I do it.  The reward comes the day of the show.

I have had my struggles with my eating during the last few weeks.  Finding little time for me, takes me away from food prepararation.  Alan may offer to pick up food, or I just grab something quick.  None the less I have felt somewhat like Alice in Wonderland with my food choices.  Everytime I eat I question the food and if like Alice will it make me grow or help me shrink?  I never realized how much we are like Alice in Wonderland just living our lives and trying to stay on the path to good eating and health.  I can only hope for maintaining my weight over the course of the next few weeks with the amount of sewing I have yet to complete.  When the show is over, I will climb out of the rabbit hole and get back to moving more and spending more time on my food prep.

In the end, as I get ready to tackle the Queen of Hearts and so much more, I look at my run through Wonderland as a maintenance program.  If I can stay accountable for how much I eat, I can avoid weight gain during this crazy time.  I've yet to reach my goal so this is simply me accepting that for now I am missing my me time, but soon I will find it again and move forward with my weight loss and good health.

We all have time where there is no time, stay accountable for the calories and try to make the right choices.  We can survive and keep moving forward on our journey.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Alice,
    You are doing well...As long as you maintainmther eis nothing wrong with it.
    I am actually planningaFR reunionwithall my friend sfor last week of June/first week of July next year . DO you want to join??? I would LOVE to meet you.
    Unfortunatley the way they book this requires an early comittment. But it would be only fo r2 weeks.
    Keep all of us posted.
    Take care of yourself
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for the typing. It's my new nails.....long story. I hope you can make out what I was tryingto tell you

    ReplyDelete