Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Confessions of a Stress Monster




I know I have slacked on my postings...fact is I have slacked on myself.  Life has been extremely tricky for me this past summer and fall and I am ringing in the New Year trying to make things right.  With the time that has past, I should be able to boast about the next great weight loss, but instead I must confess my sins.  When stress hits me, so do pounds.




When summer hit I had to make all those costumes for Alice In
Wonderland, I posted saying I fell in the rabbit hole and I can't get out.  Unfortunately it is so true.  Every time I reached for my way out of the hole, I fell deeper in it.  And now here I sit professing to you this cold December afternoon that I put pounds back on.




Considering I got down to 156 being on the Cinch diet, I have to say I gained a considerable amount back.  Being back in the 170's is a far cry from that 156 that felt so good.  In fact, everything within me feels horrible.  I am tired, achy and feel the desperation of bad health due to my indulgences.




With giving so much hope to others, I didn't want to profess to you my disappointments.  Although I made 2010 a lifestyle change, I allowed my stresses to take over.  So I find myself tackling how to live my life in a healthy way and how to do it managing my stresses.

As before, I must first realize that memories are a wonderful thing.  You have memories of how miserable you were just 10 pounds heavier, to memories of how wonderful you felt conquering a mountain.  I have my blog to look back on.  If I go back to January 21, it reminds me of how sick I felt, and how I knew I had to take charge of my health if I wanted to live.  I am reminded that in just 2 short months I lost nearly 20 pounds eating right and exercising just a few hours a week.  I am grateful, because it reminds me I can do it.  Only this time I have to do it with some added stresses and with less opportunity of time.  I have got to learn to keep myself motivated and on the right track.

So as I confess to you my errs, I would also like to profess that I am back to getting my health on track.  I hope to be in the 150's again by early March.  The holidays are going to be hard as I have many private gigs to do and they make it impossible to eat, then sometimes I eat at the gigs.  But I will abstain from eating the wrong things and save indulgences for Christmas day.  I can do it, I will do it.

So to you my friends, my readers, I hope I haven't laid too much disappointment on you.  I can only state that this is the beginning of the end of stress winning in my life, and instead I am going to be the winner learning to cope with the stress and continue down my path of a healthier and happier life.

"To err is human, to recover is DIVINE".

8 comments:

  1. You're still my hero and inspiration. I know you'll accomplish whatever you set out to accomplish. I read all of your blogs at Fitness Ridge and they were inspirational. I spent 3 weeks there last July and am going back for the first two weeks in May. Know that you have changed many lives with your inspiration and words of wisdom and now--we're all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much!! I am heading back there myself for hopefully the last 2 weeks of April. I am wait listed for the last week and have the week prior already confirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Cat! I'm in the exact same boat you are (minus the sewing). Let's concentrate on putting ourselves first because WE owe it to ourselves. I need to get back to blogging, too, and I think the first step is opening up and realizing that we are only human. We WILL do this together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cat
    I was thinking of you and wondering what happened. I have no worries about you getting back on track . In a way I am glad that things are no different for you then the rest of us. I am up a few pounds from returning from the Ridge. I am booked for my return vistit June 26th to July 10th....Hopefully bey then I am at goal and can jsut enjoy.
    Thansks for sharing....Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cat, Except for the sewing part, your words sound like they could be coming straight from my mouth.
    I have let the stress of the day to day stuff get to me and like you, the tiredness and the achiness just makes it that much harder to do the right thing.
    My weight goals are about the same as yours, I came back from FR at 163 which is really nice, but wanted to get into the 150s, and went the other way instead. Right now, 10 pounds feels like so much more than that.
    With your return to FR ahead of you I know that you are going to whip yourself right back into shape in no time. You were such an inspiration to me in your blog, wish I could schedule my return visit to finally meet you in person, but we have scheduled our first trip to Europe in May...ay yi yi, land of wine and pastries and cheese!!! Just wanted to send you a note of thinks for your honesty and send words of encouragement your way, I know you can do it!!!
    BTW, what is The Cinch diet??? Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments, it was so hard to open up. I realized I had inspired many and didn't want to disappoint anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,If you read back to my post in May or June I talk about a study I was in. The book is due out soon, and I will be highly recommending it. Cynthia Sass is the author she is amazing and really helped me gain closeness to many veggies n foods. I now can whip up quick meals that are highly well balanced and low in calories. I am not really allowed to share, but soon all can share in the knowledge I learned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cat! I spent a week with you in April. Your blog was a huge inspiration to me. I checked it two weeks ago because I was thinking about you. I just got back from another week in Utah. It was amazing! I know you will get back on track. Just put the past behind you and start fresh. You can do it! You are worth it! (Sound familiar :) It does not matter how many times you fall, what matters is how many times you get back up. Still have those words in my head. It has been 6 months since I was last at FR. My weight loss had stalled out also. Now I am totally reenergized! Going back for a refresher is awesome. April will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete