Friday, May 7, 2010

My New Motto

If there is one thing that Fitness Ridge taught me it is to keep moving.  So that is my new motto!

"KEEP MOVING" 

If I was to think how much time I have spent in the last year alone sitting at my desk between working on my husbands corporation or just keeping up with my own business, I can tell you MOVING had very little to do with it.  Now, I wake up with a nagging voice in my head that says to get a move on, almost to be sure I don't get back in the rut of desk sitting.  I think apart of me is actually paranoid of that possibility.

I have lost 32 pounds since the beginning of my journey in late January and I am so close to goal I can taste it.  Of course I taste it in every high fiber, non processed and natural food!!  That nagging voice inside my head is keeping me in check and I plan on listening.

I have been home less than a week from Fitness Ridge and since I got home, I have managed to keep moving everyday except Sunday.  Just as the good Lord intended, I plan on making Sunday my day of rest.  If it so happens that it falls on a Sunday that has my feet moving out the door for some gorgeous mountain, well then I will exercise my right to move my rest day to another day.

A tip for those that have never had the pleasure to go to Fitness Ridge, get your legs moving.  With a morning hike everyday except Sunday, I can tell you a minimum of a pound of weight loss is due to just that morning hike alone.  On average my calorie burn on the hikes per week was around 5200 calories a week. (It is much higher if you have a lot to lose)  To lose a pound you must burn 3500 calories over your food surplus.   With those hikes and my workouts in the gym I was easily burning a few pounds or more a week and gaining muscle mass.  My legs have been completely transformed in just one month.

If you are struggling with weight loss, you need to "KEEP MOVING".  Take the stairs whenever possible, park in the last parking space instead of trying to find the closest one.  Get a big exercise ball and sit on it at your desk it will work your core (middle body).  Realize you don't need exercise equipment to move, the great outdoors is there calling you.  On rainy days you can walk around your house, rent an exercise video or go to www.youtube.com and search out exercise.  But you must "KEEP MOVING".  And if it hurts to move, don't worry, the longer you move, the less it will hurt.  If you have been sitting doing nothing for a long time your body will cry, but its a good cry.  Sore muscles are a sign that you are moving in the right direction.

Only months ago, it hurt to walk up my stairs, my thigh muscles hurt so bad, but it was because they got comfortable not being used.  If you "KEEP MOVING"...you will be moving in the "right direction.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sucessful FR journey and continuing on with your new blog. Keep moving is an excellent motto (I may borrow LOL) I walk my dogs everyday- minimum 2 miles and it's my solace everyday. I get panicked if there is a chance I can't go( hubby takes them- no worries!) I'm hoping that this will give me good prep for FR. Look forward to following along.......

    ReplyDelete